Antique Furniture Restoration
Some of the things to consider when shopping for antiques are:
- Documented history or makers marks that provide resources to the age of the antique
- Condition of the item, is it in a natural state or re-finished?
- Anticipated value at auction or the level of insurance that should be carried to protect the initial investment in the antique
Many stores specialize in purchasing and selling antiques items. Antiquing is a lifestyle for many offering a tremendous amount of joy and satisfaction visiting antique stores, going to estate sales, yard sales, scanning the internet for items on Craig’s List or eBay, attending antique shows, or attending auctions. With a wide array of venues to visit in search of that “phenomenal” antique purchase, sometimes there is more joy in the hunt than in the capture!
- The Furniture Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Identify, Restore & Care for Furniture by Christophe Pourny, Martha Stewart,Jen Renzi
Things to Do
- Set up a shop such as a garage
- Buy tools and equipment need to perform restorations
- Buy Some Antique Furniture
- Start Restoring