Sailing: The Basics: The Book That Has Launched Thousands by Dave Franzel
- Wind: Wind is a 1992 fictional film about the Americas Cup.
- White Squall: A 1996 fictional film based on a true story about a group of American teenage boys who sail to gain experience and discipline.
- Maidentrip is a 2014 documentary about a girl who sets out to be the youngest person to ever sail around the world alone.
- Morning Light 2008 documentary about 15 sailors who race the TRANSPAC.
- Racing Around the World Alone is a 2012 film documentary about 30 sailors who want to be the fastest to sail 27000 miles around the world, non stop, without assistance and alone on 60 foot sailboats.
- Deep Water is a 2007 film about the true story of the men who tried to be the first to sail around the world alone non-stop in 1968
- Lionheart: The Jesse Martin Story is a documentary about a 17-year-old who became the youngest person ever to sail solo, non-stop and unassisted around the world.